The Flash Grabber is designed to download flash files referred or contained by a target URL page.
It uses the advanced extraction and filter engine to search the target URL page for flash (flex) links by checking its object tags.
Screencast: Flash Grabber Presentation
Flash Grabber Features
WiseLoop Web Flash Grabber main features:
- grab Flash or Flex applications embedded into the targeted url page;
- flash (flex) files search and identification by the HTML content-type response header: the grabbing engine is able to identify beyond the obvious Flash resources having the .swf file extension - it will find the Flash files that have different file extension or no extension at all; the identification is made by checking the server response header when pinging the tested Flash / Flex file resource;
- flash file extension filtering: only those flash files having the specified extensions will be included in the grabbing results;
- media url name (filename) filtering: only those Flash files having or containing in their url names some specified strings will be included in the grabbing results;
- media size filtering: only those Flash files having the specified size (in bytes) will be included in the grabbing results;
- media count limiter: number of grabbed Flash files will be limited to a specified value;
- HTML area searching: the grabbing engine is able to search for Flash files only inside a designated HTML area specified by a tag; in this way you can skip grabbing from the start any unwanted Flash files by narrowing the full HTML target page to a smaller area consisting of a tag content; an incomplete tag (tag slice) can be specified also, the tag will auto complete depending on the contextual HTML content;
- fill the target URL (must start with http://);
- setup the filters (if needed);
- click "Grab Flash".
After the URL is parsed, a notification will be shown near the "Grab Flash" button that will also allow to browse through the new downloaded flash files.
The Flash Grabber Interface
- Please bear in mind that sites could use various methods for protecting themselves against scrapping; therefore it is possible that the grabbing procedure to return no results.
- WiseLoop takes no responsibility if the targeted url changes its tag structure or its HTML DOM tree, resulting in unexpected data retrieval;
Also, WiseLoop assumes no responsibility for any abusive use of this software product and/or violation of terms of usage of the target URL; the user always should check the terms and conditions of the target URL to verify that data grabbing is allowed.